Istituto Comprensivo "G.Camera"
Sala Consilina, Italy
There are about 700 students at the Istituto. The students in kindergarten are aged 3-6, primary 6-10 and middle school 10-13. There are about 350 students at the middle school. 38 teachers and 10 other employees work for the school.It is a state school, located in the centre of Sala Consilina, in the south of Italy.
Apart from regular classrooms, there are specialized classrooms such as gym, computer lab, language labs, music lab, library, theatre.
There are two terms per year. The students get arks from 4 to 10 (4 is the worst and 10 is the best), they have 2/3 written tests each term and 1/2 oral exams each term.Detailed reports are required at the end of each term and at the end of the school year.
The school day starts at 8.20 and finishes at 13.20.
The students attending the music course do 4 weekly additional hours.
The students taking part in the Erasmus programme attend an afternoon course twice a week (3 hours)
There is just one break, 10 min (from 10.25 to 10.35) during the day.
At the beginning of the school year school trips and one day excursions are planned. Students of any age can participate.
The students don't wear a uniform.
Teachers meet the parents to inform them about the students advancement three times a year.
A school website is available for all the students, the teachers and the parents, www.iccamera.gov.it
The projects and activities the school is involved in:
- Invent an ideal school through a European experience: Erasmus+
- Camera con Vista... sul mondo (Camera to view the world): we got inspiration from the Erasmus project and we created a parallel path to develop the 8 key competences. We met the young unaccompanied migrants, a famous local journalist and we took part in the sport day in our school: the second and third year students were invited.
- Camera H2OK: environment (water, recycle and reuse)
- NON rifiutiamoci: environment and books. Recycling waste, students can obtain loads of books. The more you recycle the more you get the chance to gain free books!
- Hyppotherapy: disabled students get a lot of beneficial effects from the contact with horses.
- Music: Saxophone, Guitar, piano and violin orchestra.